Monday, November 30, 2009

DIP RECIPES

One of my all time favorite things is DIP
I NEVER had dip at my house growing up.
When I got old enough to babysit, the first thing
I would go for in the parent's fridge was DIP.
When I worked for the hospital and Dr. Kindred,
the office girls requested my dips every time
we had a pitch in.
So here are a few of my favorites!!






This recipe is from Judy and Wanda.

When I started dating Wes, we had this at every holiday.

The different flavor of bread cubes is what gives it

an extra "kick"

DILL DIP

1 cup sour cream

1 cup mayonnaise

1 tbsp. dill weed

1 tsp. parsley flakes

1 tsp. seasoned salt1 tsp.

1 tsp. minced onion

or dried onion powder

dash garlic powder or garlic salt
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.

Ready to eat immediately,

but tastes best after setting overnight.


Serve with bits of Rye and Pumpernickle bread.







MY VEGETABLE DIP

This is the recipe I tweaked and made my own. It also became the most requested at holiday parties and from the office girls at Dr. Kindred's office.

1 cup miracle whip

1 cup sour cream

1 package vegetable soup mix

1 tsp Mrs. Dash


Mix well, refrig. overnight. Serve in a bread bowl, made from Hawaiian bread,

with chips or crackers.


* you can also put in a small frozen box of spinach.

*Just make sure you dry the spinach well

before adding.

I have friends that use KNORR dried vegetable soup mix in their dip. It is

really good too!





Gregg Purcell taught me this recipe:


BACON RANCH DIP
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dip

1 container sour cream

1 cup mayo

1 package shredded cheddar cheese

1 package bacon bits


MIX ALL, SERVE WITH RITZ CRACKERS



and also:

This one is really hot, but SOOOOOO good!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

3-4 cups shredded chicken

1 package cream cheese

1 jar Franks hot sauce

1 jar Ranch Dressing

Bake in oven 350 x 30 minutes

or crock pot for a few hours until heated through.

Serve with Fritos and Celery sticks.



No comments: