Saturday, July 25, 2009

TOMATO PIE

My container garden is growing WONDERFULLY!!! We have had lots of tomatoes and peppers already this summer!

I remember seeing a recipe for a Tomato Pie somewhere before, and I wanted to try and make one to use up those extra tomatoes we have.

I found a couple of different recipes, and I combined them to make my own! It's taste is similar to a vegetarian pizza.


Ingredients:
1 unbaked pie crust
2 Large Tomatoes
1/2 small onion diced
1/2 sliced Green Bell Pepper
3 diced mini carrots

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 package shredded swiss cheese
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash


Preheat oven to 350.

Blanch the tomatoes for 1 minute (to remove skins).

Peel and slice tomatoes and drain on a paper towel.

Place slice tomatoes in pie shell, top with onions, pepper, and carrots.

Mix mayo, s. cream, cheese and seasoning in a small bowl.

Spread mixture evenly over the veggies.
Fold over the top of the pie crust and bake for 20 minutes, or until browned.

Slice like a pizza and serve!! YUM YUM


No comments: