Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole

My mom always said that Wes fell in love with her cooking when he fell in love with me. When we were dating, he ate dinner at our house nearly EVERY NIGHT. His office was about 5 miles from where I lived, plus he worked with my brother, so they both came home to the farm to eat dinner each night...

...and his favorite was...

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

My mom loves hamburger, and casseroles. We first had this dish at a family cookout when I was 13. After trying it, this casserole became a weekly occurance at my house growing up.

Here it is:


1 pound ground beef
2 cans cream of chicken soup---you can use mushroom too... We like chicken better
few sprinkles of Mrs. Dash
1 package tater tots


Brown the ground beef and drain. Stir in soup. Pour the mixture into a medium-sized casserole dish and layer tater tots on top.


Bake 375 for 1/2 hour to 1 hour....depending on how crispy you want your tots.

Now I use a whole bag of tots and a good sized glass baking dish...9 x 13, The littlest kids like their tots without the 'gravy' on them...so using the whole bag assures you a few extra crispy tots on top with no sauce on them!!

No comments: