Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CHILLI RECIPE

With homeschooling and our craft business, I have developed a way to cook that makes it easy to provide nice meals for my family, without me being stuck in the kitchen for 2 hours every night.

For example: This last Saturday I spent about 3 hours (including cooking and clean up time) and I made 8 dishes for the freezer that I plan to serve later this week.

Here they are!

Chilli==2 meals worth
Chicken Casserole--large sized (Elaine's Favorite!!)
Chicken with rice--small sized
Spaghetti Pie--2 meals worth
Green Bean Casserole--my new favorite!!

Here are the ingredients that I use for each. I am not a 'measurer' so if you need a specific measurement, please email me and I will let you know.


The easiest way that I have found to make more than one meal at a time is: doubling up. It is easy to divide the meat in between the casseroles and sauces...I don't eat much red meat anyway, so it helps me stay as close to being a vegetarian as possible Hee Hee

We buy our meat at Kroger, and use about 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, brown it up with a bit of water and Mrs. Dash (love that stuff) then drain. That one package of meat is enough for us to put into the large pan of chilli sauce and also the spaghetti sauce.

GRANDMA'S CHILLI
seasoned ground beef
1 package of chilli seasoning
or
1 TB of chilli powder
2 cans of beans
1 large can of Tomato Juice
1 can crushed tomatoes

simmer for 1 hour, pour into 2 tupperware containers and freeze.

No comments: